How often do you do the DOWNHILL BIKE RIDE?
Every weekday Monday to Friday, all year round. At peak holiday times we also go on Saturdays.
Do I have to be an experienced cyclist?
Definitely not! Many of our guests haven’t ridden a bike for decades.
Is there an age limit?
Again, definitely not! Our oldest rider to date was 90 …. with his 68 year old son!
Normally a minimum of about 8 years old, providing they are at least 4′ 0″ tall.
How long does the trip last?
We pick you up at your accommodation about 9.30 am. arriving back at 4.00 pm.
What's the itinerary?
- Pick up at your accommodation in or near to Benidorm around 9.30 am.
- A 60 minutes drive to the mountain to the top of Mt. Aitana where you’ll be fitted with a safety helmet, receive a detailed safety talk and be allocated a bike.
- Then a bike ride of about 9 kilometers to the village of Penaguila stopping on the way to ensure your comfort. Have a drink of fresh spring water while the bikes are loaded onto the trailer.
- Another downhill glide from the highest point of the ride into the village of Alcoleja.
- Drive up to the restaurant of the Safari Aitana Park for lunch at approx. 12.45 pm. Lunch is not included into the price.
- The afternoon ride leads you past the village of Sella where the Bike Ride ends.
- Into the local bar for a beverage to celebrate your achievement and receive your certificate as proof that you’ve ridden 30 kilometers through the Costa Blanca mountains.
- To finish, we drive you back to your accommodation arriving at about 4.00 pm.
What do I need to bring?
“Sensible” shoes … not flip-flops or high heels. We provide safety helmets. Any personal belongings can safely be left in the minibus.
Are there any stops?
We stop frequently to ensure everyone is comfortable and to explain places of interest on the next section of the ride. So you’ll have plenty of opportunities to take photographs.
Bring your own packed lunch or enjoy a delicious soup/stew at the Cannibals Restaurant. We carry fresh spring-water available at any time during the bike ride.
What if I don't want to do all the ride?
You cycle as much or as little as suits you. You can get back into the support minibus any time you want.
What is the cost of the DOWNHILL BIKE RIDE?
Adults: 39 €. Children under 16: 25 €. Special discounts are available if you book directly or if you are coming as a group on the ride.
You can pay in advance via Paypal, credit or debit card or in cash on the day.
Please email us for details.